[pmwiki-users] Randomize Pages

[] Jamie followtheboat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:29:45 CDT 2007

I wondered if there is a recipe for randomising extracts of page
content? On my wiki home page I'd like to insert a box taking up a
quarter of the page, or half a paragraph, which text wrapping round it,
and for the recipe to grab the first three lines or so of a random page.
That way whenever a visitor hits the home page they see a bordered box
with constantly changing content.

If I've not explained that very clearly then please take a look at the
homepage to my website (not the wiki). If you hit refresh you'll see
that the image, the quote in the top right and the 'Random Log Entry'
all change every time the page refreshes. It's a lazy way of making the
page look dynamic I guess.

As an adjunct to this I wondered if there is a way of including only an
extract of a page, rather than the whole page?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

[] www.followtheboat.com []