[pmwiki-users] Numbers with / without shell access

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Mar 26 16:06:41 CDT 2007

Is there a significant number of users (potential and actual) who don't
have shell access? I'm still relying on FTP, and I expect others renting
host space might be in the same situation. (So far, I've not needed it,
and the extra power to mess things up is more than I want.)

I'm (slowly) writing a short walk-through of pmwiki, and realized that
most of the instructions for installation and backups assume shell access.

So, is there a need for non-shell instructions?

Thanks in advance,

Sandy