[pmwiki-users] Permissions puzzle

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 30 10:54:01 CDT 2007

I use PmWiki for buckets of websites on a single Unix webserver account.
All was going well until my hosting company upgraded my shared hosting
server to PHP 5.2.1. A good thing to upgrade, but all of a sudden all my
wikis broke, with "unable to obtain .flock file" (among other things).

After several days of (in the end) pointless dialog with my host service
company (webserve.ca), I ended up having to change rights on all wiki.d
and uploads directories from 755 to 777. I presume this means that
whereas PHP previously had owner rights, it now has none, and therefore
needs public access to write directories.

Does anyone know where to look for a configuration change on my host
that would make this happen? If useful, you can see the php
configuration at dufferinpark.ca/phpinfo.php.

My web host BTW proffered the rather desperate theory that someone had
hacked my account and systematically altered permissions on all my wiki
directories (there are at least a couple of dozen). This is not true. I
checked<grin>.

Thanks,

- Henrik

--