[pmwiki-users] Drafts, moderated wikis, and PITS 00755

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 30 17:11:29 CDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 03:21:33PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> The [Save] button saves the page, as normal.  The [Save and edit]
> button saves a copy of the page, but also returns the browser
> immediately to the edit form so the author can continue editing.

When working on a -Draft page, what page is "saved" by the
"Save and Edit" button?  The -Draft page, or the non-draft page?
Because if "Save and Edit" saves the page to the original location, then
it ought to be "Publish and Edit" (or equivalent).

> All that differs is the labels.  The current approach
> I'm considering uses the following labels for editing
> the original page:
>
>   - save page to original location   [Save]
>   - save page as -Draft              [Save as draft]
>   - save and keep editing            [Save and edit]
>   - preview                          [Preview]
>   - cancel editing                   [Cancel]
>
> And when editing a -Draft page:
>
>   - save page to original location   [Publish]
>   - save page as -Draft              [Save as draft]
>   - save and keep editing            [Save and edit]
>   - preview                          [Preview]
>   - cancel editing                   [Cancel]

Publish sounds good to me -- though I think, for consistency's sake,
when Drafts are enabled, the original page's "Save" button should be
called "Publish" as well.

Kathryn Andersen