[pmwiki-users] New template expression markup....

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue May 1 09:19:36 CDT 2007

On 5/1/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 09:04:24AM -0400, The Editor wrote:

> > >Yes please. I hoped you would say something like this! :)
> > >This will then allow grabbing of PTVs of same name in different
> > >sections.
> >
> > Yes! Yes!  I want to second this.
>
> It's just an idea at this point, I can't commit to an implementation
> at the moment.
>
> One of the big issues is that the next step will be a request to
> make it work with pagelists somehow.... and that's not likely
> to happen anytime soon.  So, all I'm doing above is suggesting
> a markup approach, without any particular promise to implement it
> until/unless there's a huge demand for it.
>
> Pm

That's cool.  There IS a good demand for it here!  : )  I'm wanting to
do the same thing for ZAP so that it can set a datapage to
Group.Name#Anchor and either save data in that section, or edit that
section, or insert a comment there, or whatever.  It would be quite
cool.  I really need to change datapage to target so it would make
more sense to use it with all those functions, but it would greatly
simplify the syntax. Maybe I could allow either for awhile...

But regardless, I was able to get my immediate objective taken care
of.  I'll post on the other thread you just started.

Cheers,
Dan