[pmwiki-users] How come no http://pmwiki.org/Main/HomePage does not work?

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 17:25:45 CDT 2007

On 5/3/07,  Patrick R. Michaud  wrote:
> As far as using completely clean urls by default (i.e., '/Main/HomePage'
instead of '/wiki/Main/HomePage'), I haven't really felt a need to do
that.  I somewhat like seeing the /wiki in the address bar, and there
are plenty of other sites that demonstrate that it's possible to use
PmWiki without any prefix.

> (Beyond that, any links that currently exist on the web are pointing
to the '/wiki' url, and so to preserve pmwiki.org's current search
engine rankings I'd prefer to leave it that way.  :-)

> I don't think so, and I hope not, but is there some serious reason for why
> using URI redirection fully is a bad choice? (Security wise for instance?)

> It's just the way I started pmwiki.org many years ago, and I
haven't seen a compelling need to change it.

It seems that at least at some point in time google didn't like duplicate urls at all. Don't know about the actuality though. Put somehting in robots.txt to avoid having them indexed twice?

/jm