[pmwiki-users] Group passwords\login

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:23:24 CDT 2007

I have been methodically reading through the documentation about setting
passwords for a single group (GroupAttributes) and giving read\write
access. I am finding the documentation to be all over the place with out
any solid top down examples. I mean I start reading one password doc
page then that points me to a chain of other document pages.

  All I want to do is:
- Hide all of a groups menu items for a particular Group.
- Have a login menu Item that  asks for the group read password.
- Then if validated it displays all of the Group menu items and brings
up the groups home page.
- If the person has read access and wants to edit a page they select
edit and then be asked for the group edit password. Naturally they can
edit any of the group pages until they logout.
- Add a logout menu item. Once selected hides all of that groups menu
items and points back to the main.page.

Any one give me some direction other than using a recipe. Could be me
but the documentation seems very discontinuous.

I could show you what I have done but it may be better to start from
scratch. I really want to use authuser for a Name and  password but I
can not get the far yet. I take one step forward and three steps
backwards. I am just fooling around with a local test site.

--
Thanks in Advance...             http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com