[pmwiki-users] Category - Links not to include

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon May 7 17:03:44 CDT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 01:09:24PM -0400, Nicolas Pelletier wrote:
> I have a category, named CatA that has 5 "members". 5 pages with [[!CatA]]
> in them.

> I have also modified that page to include all members of the category after
> a short description of the category.

> Let's say that I want to link to the CatA Category from the home page (
> Main.Homepage) as so [[To See CatA - > Category.CatA]]
>
> The link works fine. unfortunately, it does now show Main.Homepage as part
> of category CatA.
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a workaround?

What you are missing is that the way categories are usually set up, they
list all pages that *link to* that category page, irrelevant of the
form that that link takes.

I can think of two workarounds, both of which require you to alter the
pagelist definition that you are using to generate the category lists.

Suppose that you have a pagelist definition like this:

(:pagelist link={*$FullName} list=normal:)

a) You could specifically exclude Main.HomePage

(:pagelist link={*$FullName} list=normal name=-Main.HomePage:)

b) You could specifically include only pages which contain "[[!" in them

(:pagelist link={*$FullName} list=normal -"[[!":)

Kathryn Andersen