[pmwiki-users] AuthUser2 (UserAuth2) with pagelist

Dave Cooke david at ellendee.co.uk
Tue May 8 07:14:56 CDT 2007

ThomasP <pmwikidev <at> sigproc.de> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> it is indeed "UserAuth2".
>
> A possible reason for pagelists to be breaking is that a template page
> that is needed for the pagelist creation is not accessible (=
> read-protected). Usually it is one of the Site group pages, e.g.
> Site.PageListTemplates.
>
> Set "rd_*.*" in your GuestUsers account and see whether it works then. If
> so, remove this entry again and try making accessible
> Site.PageListTemplates or similar pages.
>
> If you cant figure out which page is not authorized, try adding
>
> global $HTMLFooterFmt; // since pmwiki 2.1.25
> $HTMLFooterFmt[] = "Perm for user '$user', page '$page', " .
>                    "level '$level': ".($res ? "passed.\n" : "failed.\n");
>
> before the if statement in the line containing the word "PERM" in
> userauth2.php, and switch off perm caching by setting
>
> $UA2EnablePermCaching = false;
>
> in your local config. This should print you all the permission queries
> together with their results at the bottom of the page output.
>
> Thomas
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm not sure if it's 'finger trouble' on my part, but for me AuthUser2
> > seems to be killing the (:pagelist:) markup.
> > I was having trouble on the website I was setting up, so I tried a new
> > 'clean instance of pmwiki.
> > The wiki out of the box with the markup added to the Home Page - list is
> > shown.
> > Added AuthUser2 only and list disappears.
> > Thought it might be style sheet, but html shows nothing.
> > I had a quick look at the scripts but couldn't see anything obvious.
> > Anyone any ideas?

Hi Thomas,

sorry to be such a pain,
first: in my trial set up GuestUsers account is already set to "rd_*.*"
second: adding your suggested script (below) I'm getting a lot of failed e.g.--

Perm for user 'admin', page 'Main.WikiSandbox', level 'read': passed.
Perm for user 'admin', page 'Main.WikiSandbox', level 'read': passed.
Perm for user 'admin', page 'Site.PageListTemplates', level 'read': passed.
Perm for user 'admin', page 'Main.HomePage', level 'ALWAYS': failed.
Perm for user 'admin', page 'Main.WikiSandbox', level 'ALWAYS': failed.
Perm for user 'admin', page 'PmWiki.AccessKeys', level 'ALWAYS': failed.

Not sure where to go from here!

Dave