[pmwiki-users] (:linebreaks:) oddness

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 9 14:40:12 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 08:13:30PM +0100, marc wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud said...
> > It looks to me as though the markup that is creating the <legend>/<label>
> > tags are perhaps also generating extra newlines or <br /> tags?
>
> Eh? As mentioned, it is an artefact of the (:linebreaks:) markup.
>
> A quick grep shows that the only occurrence of <br  /> in the farm is:
>
>   ## (:linebreaks:)
>   Markup('linebreaks', 'directives',
>     '/\\(:(no)?linebreaks:\\)/ei',
>     "PZZ(\$GLOBALS['HTMLPNewline'] = ('$1'!='no') ? '<br  />' : '')");

Yes, but how many places does HTMLPNewline occur?  :-)

Beyond that, when (:linebreaks:) is active PmWiki just adds <br />
to the end of paragraph markup lines, so whatever is generating
the <legend> and <label> tags seems to generating extra lines of
(paragraph) markup, and PmWiki is simply adding breaks to those lines.