[pmwiki-users] Input Select To Trigger Go To Page

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed May 9 15:31:18 CDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:50:34AM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> > Under the previous "input" recipe structure
> >
> > Project Pages:
> > (:input form:)
> >      (:select+ project:)
> >        (:option :)Jump To Page:
> >        (:pagelist group={$Group} name=-RecentChanges
> > fmt="#selectlistpages":)
> >       (:selectend:)
> > (:input end:)
> > (:ifend:)
> >
> > [@
> > [[#selectlistpages]]
> > (:option value="index.php?n={=$FullName}":)(:keep {=$Name}:)
> > [[#selectlistpagesend]]
> > @]
> >
> > would trigger at GET request for PMwiki to go to another  page without
> > further need to add code to the configuration file.
>
> The only reason this "worked" before is because an external
> recipe had configured the (:select+:) and/or (:option:) directive
> to make it work.  In this case you did add code to the configuration
> file -- it was just provide by a recipe as opposed to being
> entered manually.
>
> We can certainly come up with a similar recipe for the PmWiki
> (:input:) markup.

Or you can continue using the old markup I gave you in an earlier email.

> > So before I
> > "throw in the towel" and swallow yet another 15 lines of archane
> > Javascript that I don't understand, will never be be able to fix,
> > is unmaintainable, cannot transfer to someone else etc...
> >
> > I'm looking for a clear answer, first... what broke and why?
>
> AFAIK, nothing has changed in PmWiki that would break the
> select/option markup.
>
> > 1) The old code cannot and will not be able to be
> > simply re-written because ZAP no longer supports it?
>
> Only Dan can answer this one.

When Pm introduced the new markup, ZAP moved with it, and deprecated
the custom markup it used to accomplish the same things. Now that Pm
is moving more functionality for textarea's ZAP will do the same thing
with it's custom textarea markup.

ZAP has always tried to use standard PmWiki markup wherever possible.
Unfortunately it is often on the cutting edge of ideas, and when
PmWiki introduces some feature in ZAP -- although usually a better
implementation, it frequently breaks things in ZAP.  Once PmWiki comes
out of Beta, so will ZAP.  Which hopefully means things should
stabilize.

> > 2) Or No the old (:option value="index.php?n={=$FullName}":)(:keep
> > {=$Name}:)
> > cannot be change to a "input select" variation that works because
> > PMwiki core no  longer supports it?
>
> The PmWiki core never "supported" the (:option ...:) markup; that
> was being provided by a recipe.  But neither has the core changed
> such that an (:option:) markup will no longer work.
>
> > ## is it a ZAP change or a PMwiki input core change the broke it?
>
> See above.

Yes, ZAP dropped the markup sometime back.

> > or (hopefully)
> >
> > 3) yes there is a way to re-write
> > (:option value="index.php?n={=$FullName}":)(:keep {=$Name}:)
> >
> > in the some new fashion of
> >
> > (:input select  value="index.php?n={=$FullName}":)(:keep {=$Name}:)
> >
> > That will trigger a GET request for the page selected in the pull down.
>
> My official position on this is that there should be a recipe
> that adds an (:input jumpbox:) markup that can be used for this
> feature.

The code is already written, on the jumpbox recipe page.  Someone just
needs to rewrite it so it can be included as a recipe rather than
dropped into a config file. But it amounts to the same thing.

If you want Pm, I could pull it together for you!  : )

Cheers,
Dan