[pmwiki-users] Allowable characters

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sat May 12 16:21:17 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 01:46:48PM +0000, Dave Cooke wrote:
> Forgive me, someone has bound to have asked before, but is it possible to
> extend the range of allowable characters in page names. In one example I am
> thinking of would require '(' to be treated as an upper case character or
> start of word and ')' as end of word.- as in (xxx). So that each time the page
> name is located, printed viewed etc. the bracket characters are included.

While it is possible to extend the range of allowable characters,
making the '(' allowed would probably break the semantics of links,
since '(' in a link is used to hide the display of part of the link.

Like so:

Suppose you have a page called MyVeryLongName

If you have a link [[My(VeryLong) Name]] then the link is displayed as
"My Name" but links to MyVeryLongName.

I wouldn't want to mess with that.

Kathryn Andersen