[pmwiki-users] Builing a Farm from multiple sub-domains

Jean DEMARTINI jean.demartini at dem-tech.net
Sun May 13 11:25:56 CDT 2007

Hello,

I've already built a Farm with differents URL like :

http://www.mydomain1.com/wiki1/
http://www.mydomain1.com/wiki2/
http://www.mydomain1.com/wiki3/

and all is functionning perfectly.

Presently I have to build a new Farm with URL like :

http://www.mydomain2.com/
http://subd1.mydomain2.com/
http://subd2.mydomain2.com/

all sub-domains pointing to different folders ; the typical method
described in the cookbook seems to be puzzled.

I have defined the root pmwiki for the URL http://www.mydomain.com/ as
it was a single pmwiki but with a farmconfig.php file to define the
$FarmPubDirUrl as 'http://www.mydomain.com/pub'. The config.php file
loads all the needed recipes and does all the needed parameterizations.
That root pmwiki functions perfectly.

For the child pmwiki, in their config.php file. If I define something like:

$ScriptUrl = 'http://subd1.mydomain2.com/pmwiki.php';

and then the proper index.php file:

<?php include('/home/www/dem-tech.net/pmwiki.php');

which is the correct path to the pmwiki.php file, I access correctly to
the home page by http://subd1.mydomain2.com/ but all the links in the
page are defined as :

http://subd1.mydomain2.com/pmwiki.php/Main/foo

and these links fail as there is no more pmwiki.php file in the child
pmwiki. All the access to a recipe try too to find a cookbook folder and
a script folder in the child pmwiki.

What is false in my doing?

Thanks,
JDem