[pmwiki-users] Slashdotting?

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Sun May 13 12:37:29 CDT 2007

On Sat, 12 May 2007 06:35:54 -0400
Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:

> So, what's the best way to prepare PmWiki for a possible
> slashdotting? Any advice would be appreciated.

* Tune up your apache by removing all unnecessary modules.
* How much rewriting are you doing, and apache processing such as
xyz.com vs www.xyz.com, htaccess, bots,...
* Reduce, if you can, the logging.
* Tune up your PHP, by allocation as much memory as possible.
* Use eaccelarator or equivalent and can you allocate 128Mb for it?
* In PmWiki, do not use pagelists or dynamically created pages.

This is a start.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GoogleAdsense

--
Thanks