[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 question...

pmwikidev at sigproc.de pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue May 15 13:38:57 CDT 2007

Hello,

tried already to answer shortly by direct mail, but message did bounce
(weconsultants at comcast.net).

Your assumptions are fully correct - as admin you will have full
privileges for all actions.

Indeed it is almost sure that your are not logged in though the password
is correct. Probably (since we had this symptom once already) your session
support is somehow broken. The result is that the authentication status is
forgotten over subsequent page request, so you never retain the login
status though the password check was successful.

As solution try to see whether all session related variables are set to
sensible values in your php.ini. (Session save path is set by the
userauth2 module, so no need to worry abut this one. The corresponding
target directory (cookbook/userauth2/session_data) needs to be writable
though; permissions?) Are session files actually written to this dir? Do
they contain the new authentication status (username="admin")?

If you have the opportunity, try to test the sessions with some
alternative web app.

I hope this brings the solution.

Thomas