[pmwiki-users] Migration problems [was: Pages with french accent don't work .. but pages are on the server]

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Tue May 15 13:50:53 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 14:48, Dawa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a pmsite at french ouvaton.org
> they did a migration to new servers.
>
> And I've got errors :
>
> - All the pages created with accents (àéèê...) don't work anymore but
> are in the server.
> eg: Main/Activités --> Main/ActivitS   with the capital S ?
> (the character set still ISO-8559-1)

This may happen when the XLPage() call is after some recipes. I've experienced
it with UTF-8 and this may be similar, but I'm not sure.

To fix it, what I do is (in config.php):
1. first declare the PageStore object (or recipe that declares it),
   if you have PerGroup Sub-Directories for exemple
2. next set internationalizations (XLPage('Site.XLPage-fr')) and
3. then all other recipes, scripts, authuser etc.

Then, tell me if it worked.

> - And Nobody can edit pages !!!! even the admin. the pages still blank
>
> you can see at http://www.reseau-archimede.org/Main/Accueil

I hope Patrick can look at this one.

Thanks,
Petko