[pmwiki-users] SectionEdit and XLPage

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Tue May 15 14:58:59 CDT 2007

I'm trying to replace the standard SectionEdit text that represents the
end of each section. According to this page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SectionEdit I should use XLPage.

I'm struggling to get this working. Here's what I have:
1] I created a page PmWikiEn.XLPageLocal with the contents:
    ### Strings for SectionEdit
    '(Edit Section ↓)' => 'text',

2] To /local/config.php, before including sectionedit, I added:
    XLPage('en', 'PmWikiEn.XLPageLocal');

The text appears not to be getting replaced -- I still see the old text.
What did I miss?

The whole XLPage description is a little confusing. Some older list
posts helped clarify things but I still don't understand how PmWiki
knows which language I'm using -- or is that simply predicated by
whichever XLPage definition I include?

NOTE: I'm doing this on a local sever, if that affects anything.

  ~ ~ David