[pmwiki-users] LaTeX markup and PmWiki

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Wed May 16 07:19:36 CDT 2007

Hello,

I think I had once the same desire as you, Jos´e, (trying to use Latex
directly beside Pmwiki markup), and had started "privately" an according
project implementing some of the markup rules:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/LinuxTex.PureLatex

For example, I have set up the usual $...$ and $$...$$ syntax, have the
\begin{align*} ... \end{align*} which is capable of spanning multiple
lines, and added \emph{} and \section{} as markup rules.

This all works quite nicely and has the advantage that I can (more or
less) just take the text and use it for "real" Latex documents later. One
can think of creating markup like

$$ ... $$ % [[...]]

which would produce a formula which when clicked leads to the given wiki
page, and still this markup could be used as valid Latex code (note the
"%" which starts a rest-of-line comment).

If you are interested let me know - I can make the markup rules public
then. (It's not yet finished though, \ref and \cite are still on the todo
list.)

BTW, also take note of the Cookbook.JsMath recipe - it is really
remarkable what Ben has produced there (wouldn't have guessed this is
possible at all on the client side).

ThomasP