[pmwiki-users] pagelist pagination

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 16 09:23:52 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 06:57:45AM +0200, Christophe David wrote:

> On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 04:13:10PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
> > > Is there a ready-made way to handle pagelists pagination ?
> > >
> > > Say a pagelist returns 1.000 entries and you use count=50..100 .
> > >
> > > How do you create dynamic "previous" and "next" links to tha same
> > > pagelist with count=0..50 and count=100..150 ?
> >
> > You can't -- yet.  I believe PM is working on this, though whether it
> > will make it into the current 2.2 version or have to be postponed to a
> > later version, I don't know.
>
> Pm,
>
> Could you please give us some info about your plans for this and your
> recommendations ?

I'm not sure what my plans for this will be.  It is a tricky problem,
because if a pagelist template uses any (:if:) directives to exclude
pages from appearing in a list, then we can't be certain of the
count of pages being displayed.

For example, people will get very confused if they specify count=1..10,
but an (:if:) directive in the pagelist template only displays 5 of them.