[pmwiki-users] "Official" release of UserAuth2 recipe

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:25:25 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Jason Frisvold <xenophage0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/17/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
>>> I'd find it helpful to know what advantages UserAuth2 offers over
>>> AuthUser. It would seem finding a way to add those in to AuthUser
>>> would be a preferable path. At least it's what I've tried to do with
>>> the MemberMgmt recipe and ZAP's authentication scheme--which tries to
>>> tie into and expands AuthUser's capabilities.  But then again, if
>>> there are various UserAuth2 features not possible in AuthUser, that's
>>> a different story.
>> I'd *love* to see group authentication..  I don;t believe that exists
>> today.  Specifically, given a username and password, the
>> authentication scheme should load a list of the groups the user is in
>> and act accordingly..
>
> ZAP does that exactly, and more... See the MemberMgmt recipe. Read the
> section on memberships esp.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MemberMgmt
>
>> I don't mind which authentication plugin has this, tho obviously
>> AuthUser would be the simplest..
>
> ZAP is built right onto AuthUser, so you can assign a member to a
> group (or allow them to pick their own groups) then when they login
> (they must use ZAP's login form) settings like @ChessClub for a read
> or edit passwd (on page attributes) goes immediately into effect.
> Standard PmWiki from that point on.
>
>> If this was added recently and I'm not aware of it, feel free to jump
>> up and down and toss the Fine manual at me...
>
> Let me know if you are interested in tinkering with this. I don't
> quite have all the docs up of the slew of new features I've added
> lately. Like MailMerge for members and email group to send stuff to
> all the members of a group, etc. But I gotta do it eventually so ask
> away, and I'll put stuff up as people need it.
>
> Of course, I'm still very interested in UserAuth2, so I'm still
> looking forward to a summary of what it can to that AuthUser can't.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

As far as UserAuth2 just read the docs. Also create a standalone
instance of the latest pmWiki and install the UserAuth2 recipe and give
it a ride. That is what I had to do. Since you have a base knowledge of
how security works by extending AuthUser I am sure by just reading the
docs you will get volumes of information of its behavior.

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com