[pmwiki-users] "Official" release of UserAuth2 recipe

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:37:12 CDT 2007

Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
> Jason Frisvold wrote:
>> On 5/17/07, Neil Herber (nospam) <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
>>> AuthUser has supported group authentication for quite a while. For a
>>> quick overview of how it works, simply look at the Site/AuthUser page on
>>> your install.
>> Let me re-phrase..
>>
>> I'm looking to store the groups in the database along with the user
>> information.  I don't see any current way to do this...
>
> I am not sure what you mean because neither AuthUser nor PmWiki make use
> of a "database".
>
> If you use a straight AuthUser solution, the usernames, passwords and
> groups are all stored on a single wiki page: Site/AuthUser.
>
> I use a hybrid solution. I use Apache Basic Authentication to
> authenticate users and control access. I use AuthUser groups to
> determine who can see what. It works very well.

I think you can use recipes along side of AuthUser for user
authentication but this seems to be just for user authentication. It
does not seem to store access rules from what I can tell. These are the
authentication possibilities with AuthUser:

  - Password-formatted File (.htpasswd)
  - LDAP
  - Password from MySql or Postgres Database
  - XML-RPC Authentication

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com