[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] CSS whiz needed...

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:34:51 CDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Sandy <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:
> The Editor wrote:
> > Thanks bunches for both links.  Very helpful.  But neither seem to
> > give a list of what style attributes can be assigned to which html
> > markups.  Ex: can you put a border around a <p>? Does float mean
> > anything in a span--or is it only for divs? etc.
> >
> > If anyone has an idea where to get that information I'd be thankful!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dan

I'd recommend reading some of the recent books on this sort of topic.
In particular, these two:

The Zen of CSS design / Dave Shea, Molly Holzschlag (2005)
http://worldcat.org/oclc/58393096
Transcending CSS / Andy Clarke, Molly Holzschlag (2007)
http://worldcat.org/oclc/76910430

I think they deal with topics like these and sort of getting your head
around the whole concept of CSS and HTML/XHTML and how they work
together.  And the second one has an eye on CSS3, which I think is
important.

Jon Haupt