[pmwiki-users] Recipes and their updates [was: As we just talked about (:pagelist:) ...]

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:59:42 CDT 2007

Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Saturday 19 May 2007 21:55, IchBin wrote:
>> Just wondering about recipes and their updates. Once a recipe has been
>> updated ala emergency fix(s) or just a regular cycle are announcements
>> written out to:
>>
>> gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.announce,
>> gamin.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.devel or
>> here in gamin.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user
>>
>> To new to know...
>
> No, they are not, except for extremely big security problems. Most of the
> recipe authors just humbly update the recipe's documentation or talk-page,
> and it is better to have these on your watchlist, and check the recipe's
> release notes.
>
> Personnally, I use a "watchlist" combined with a "notify" and recieve an email
> about once a day if some of the pages in the watchlist were changed. See how
> to set this for yourself at:
>    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WatchLists
>    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Notify
>
> Thanks,
> Petko

Thank you so much I was not aware of this "watchlist". Yea sounds like
it would be a much better solution than looking at the newsgroups. Sorry
I did not read that thread. Guess I should start looking at all of the
threads.

--
Thanks in Advance...          http://weconsulting.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com