[pmwiki-users] {Spam?} Re: pmwiki-2.2.0-beta46 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 20 08:58:34 CDT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 02:19:12PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Sunday, May 20, 2007, 1:58:25 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > It works for me:
>
> >     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/IncludeWithPTV
>
> > Perhaps you were expecting something else...?
>
> I expected the first example here to work:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/IncludeVarTest
>
> On my local machine the second example works, i.e. using the PTV in
> curly brackets as option value. But it does not work on pmwiki.org,
> whereas your example does.

Hmm.  Since the {$$name} is coming from the page text variable,
and not the template itself, PmWiki won't treat it as a template
substitution.  I don't know that I'll make it work that way,
either, as it seems to imply that {$$var} would need to be a
markup rule of some sort instead of something applied
immediately to a template.

Or, put another way, I haven't come up with a good example where I'd
want to do a template substitution from inside of a page text
variable.