[pmwiki-users] how to re-show form with pre-existing field data?

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Mon May 21 10:43:39 CDT 2007

hi,

I'm using ZAP forms to submit data from a survey.

There are some required fields, and when they are left blank, the form is
re-displayed with a "data missing" message.  However, when this happens all the
other forms that *were* filled out come back blank.  Apparently this is
something that should be solvable at the PmWiki level.  I'd welcome ideas for
how to do this.

here is my current source code:

(:messages:)
(:zapform:)
(:zap ip={$IPAddress}:)
||width=80%
||'''Email address:''' ||(:input text e_mail size=30:) ||
||'''Name:''' ||(:input text name size=15:) ||

(:zap required="e_mail,name":)
(:zap savedata="ip,e_mail,name":)
(:input submit value="Submit":)

(:zap nextpage="Test.Done":)