[pmwiki-users] Problem with $FmtPV;

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:37:57 CDT 2007

I am setting $FmtPV with the following value: '2007W19'; This is how I
set it, outside of any function, but in a recipe.

$FmtPV['$YearWeek'] = '2007W19';

On the page, the variable is not set. If I set the variable to
'a2007W19', the variable is displayed. If I put a hyphen in the
variable, the variable is not set. (e.g. This-2007W19). This problem
remained even though I disabled all configuration on the site and set
the value via local/farmconfig.php (i.e., 'a2007W19' displays, but not
'2007W19');

This occurred via an older beta of 2.2, but I upgraded to the latest
release and the problem remained.

I was able to trace the problem to pmwiki.php:716. The conditional
works, but the eval fails.

 eval("return ({$FmtPV[$var]});");

Again:

'a2007W19' passes
'2007W19' fails
'a-2007W19' fails

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill