[pmwiki-users] PTVs as forum or blog post container

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed May 23 08:32:49 CDT 2007

I am experimenting using the new (:include :) features of providing
a display template and using a PTV for holding the multi-lined comment
text.

This seems to work fine till someone posts markup directives.
Posing directives of form (: ... :) will break the display layout,
as the first :) encountered will close the PTV, for instance:

(:comment008:
(:table border=1:)
(:cell:)
first cell
(:tableend:)
:)

Here the directive is rendered harmless with : substitution.
Some similar substitution could be done for the closing :).
But I was asked if one could allow posting of markup directives
for certain people, i.e. authors with edit permission, or admin
permission.

This will be specially important for blog postings, as th eblog author
may wish to have full use of markup directives, but wants to control
these for comment posts.

So here I encounter a serious shortcoming in using (:include .. :) as
a template engine for forums and blogs.
FeralFormattedEntry does not have this restriction, as it does not use
a PTV for the posted text.

Any thoughts on this dilemma?

--
Best,