[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Mike Bishop mbishop at mtaonline.net
Wed May 23 19:35:18 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 05:26:08PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 04:33:06PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > >
> > > Could happen tonight (small probability), could be several days before
> > > I can get to it.  I have a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment.
> >
> > Also, it would help to know which you think is more important:
> >
> >    - getting an "import feature" to work
> >    - getting pagelist to work properly with HTML caching
>
> Apparently you get both.  :-)
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText
>
> Note that this recipe requires pmwiki-2.2.0-beta51 (just released).
>
> Pm

     Initial tests (?action=import) seem fine.  These have been
     simple, without any strange markup (… — and
     such).

     My first test, since I didn’t have a test doc around, was
     simply to move a page from wiki.d to import, then import.
     This didn’t work fine ... version info, %0a’s etc., in the
     displayed page.  This prevents a ’test locally then deploy’
     operation /if/ recent update and similar pages are to be
     updated on the remote site.  On the other hand, I have been
     ftp’ing wiki pages for some time now, with few surprises.

     One small request‐‐could the "import successfull" message
     include a page count?  This would be comforting feedback
     (and an import of 0 if fine too.  The message still appears
     if the import directory is empty).

     I will try some torture tests now, but it all looks pretty
     good.  Thank you.

Rgds,
--
Mike Bishop