[pmwiki-users] registration form

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon May 28 09:42:43 CDT 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 10:18:07AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>> So I would recommend PmWiki/AuthUser and I wrote up a quickstart for
>> AuthUser at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser
>> which helps you lock down your entire website from editing, and fills
>> in the missing how-to where the PmWiki/AuthUser page describes the
>> theory rather than the use itself.
>
> FWIW, I would _much_ prefer that the PmWiki.AuthUser be more of a
> "how-to" document than a "theory" document.  Please feel free to
> improve it.

Then let's get feedback on what I did.  Mine is specifically a how-to-
lock-the-site-down, which is different than a how-to on general
use...having the generic documentation is very useful as well, so
maybe there should be a bunch of HowTos in the documentation attached
to the theory/documentation of a feature.

For example:
lockdown for a one-password private-edit-only site (this can be
config.php alone)
lockdown the admin for an open-edit site (this can be config.php alone)
lockdown for a closed-edit site (this is what I think I did in my
Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser)
etc.

With PmForm, hopefully we'll be able to handle what AuthUserDBase
does without the need for a database -- that's to say that people can
register to the site, choose their password, get an email
verification, can change their password/email on the website, etc.
Some websites only require that users register, not that they be
specifically known to the admins or go through an approval process.

Crisses