[pmwiki-users] registration form (side thread)

Dr Fred C drfredc at verizon.net
Mon May 28 11:52:24 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 09:17:19AM -0700, blork wrote:
>
>> Hello. Pardon me for busting in on this thread, but I arrived here
>> because I can't figure out how to lock down my pmwiki. To be precise, I
>> don't understand why everything I do according to all these
>> instructions in here and in pmwiki.org documentation has no effect.
>>
>> My needs are very simple: I am the only person who needs to be able to
>> read or edit the files. Access should be totally blocked for others.
>> The wiki resides in my domain on the web, in a sub-folder.
>>

> If you're the only person that will be reading or editing the
> pages on the site, then you don't need to be using authuser.php.
> All you need in config.php is:
>
>     $DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('A_PASSWORD');
>
> This will prevent anyone from reading any pages without
> knowing the password.
> Pm

Pardon for me also horning in on a topic of some interest...  For the
sake of illustration, assuming one has assigned an admin password in
local config, isn't it also possible to use Site.AuthList to set  read
and write options for entire wikis, as well as individual pages and
groups within a wiki?

Looking around the corner for the next question/example request, how
might one set up AuthUser and Site.AuthList to allow anyone with a
password to edit the Calendar groups, while only allowing admins to edit
the group Rules, and only allow those with assigned passwords to read a
ListContact page?

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc at drfredc.com