[pmwiki-users] RFC: Site-Admin group

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 29 13:54:04 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:45:52PM -0400, sti at pooq.com wrote:
> If there's no policy, it prompts the adminstrator for what he wants to do,
> which could be any of (a) don't migrate, (b) move existing pages, (c) ask me
> later, (d) something I haven't thought of. The PmWiki could then do whatever
> was asked and, if necessary, create a Site-Admin.Migration page to record the
> decision so as not to keep asking the same dumb questions.

"[PmWiki] prompts the administrator" seems to imply to me crafting a
form for this feature, and if there's one thing that is truly a pain,
it's forms handling.  And detecting when the form needs to be displayed,
and figuring out where the form comes from, and ...

I _really_ want something much simpler (from an implementation
perspective) than that, especially since I'm likely to have
to support it for quite a while as people upgrade from 2.0 and
2.1 sites.