[pmwiki-users] Providing multi-lingual versions of things such as Main.HomePage

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed May 30 04:34:44 CDT 2007

pm wrote yesterday:

"Providing multi-lingual versions of things such as Main.HomePage
hasn't been contemplated at this point."

I think I have found a cute way to do so without modifying nearly
anything :-)

* each translation team create a PmWikiXX/HomePage with the content
(for example) of PmWikiXX:PmWikiXX page (translation of the main
PmWiki page) eventually add a (:title localized main page:).

* ''instruct'' the user to add, when making i18n, in the config.php
file, the line:

$DefaultGroup = 'PmWikiXX';

where, of course, XX is his langage code.

that's all...

the new wiki will point to the right main page and sidebar :-))

example:
http://www.dodin.org/i18n/index.php

If you think this is a good way, I will add it to the french flavor

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net