[pmwiki-users] Broken inlineRSS recipe beta31 -> beta52

Dave Miller dwmiller at umich.edu
Thu May 31 10:36:22 CDT 2007

I'm using the cookbook recipe "inlineRSS" to insert a weather feed into
my wiki. It was working fine with pmwiki-2.2.0-beta31, but when I
updated to mwiki-2.2.0-beta52, it broke.

I was able to get the feed to display rather than simply show the
(:inlineRSS ... :) markup by changing "directive" to "directives" in
this line of the recipe:

Markup('PMinlineRSS','directives','/\\(:inlineRSS (.*?):\\)/e',
'PMInlineRSS("$1")');

Now I can't get the wiki to recognize all of the markup that
PMInlineRSS() returns. It processes bold ''' correctly, but does not
process line breaks, \\; it shows the slashes. And [[<<]] displays as a
link.

More details:

The text that PMInlineRSS() returns is XML transformed by an XSLT.
Previously, I could create a line of bold text followed by a blank line
and then more text like so:

<xsl:text>'''</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="title"/>
<xsl:text>'''</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>\\
\\
</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>More text</xsl:text>

This displays the title as bold, but also shows four slashes rather than
the blank line after the title. So it appears to be ignoring whitespace now.

I've tried inserting all manner of returns and line feeds as &#10; &#13;
&#xA; with no luck.

This is running on a Windows server with PHP 5.0.3 but does the same
thing in MAMP on my Mac.

Again, this was working fine with an earlier release, beta31.

Thanks for any ideas!

Dave