[pmwiki-users] New ZAP Profile Vars...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 31 17:31:18 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 04:36:42PM -0400, The Editor wrote:

> Also I' not suggesting it be the only authentication method used, just
> one that could be turned on and off--as a security feature--in a
> config file as desired. Probably what, two lines of code in PmWiki?

It's not the amount of code that is as issue, it's the ability
to be able to support "yet another" way of storing and retrieving
user authentication information.  We already have five or six
different approaches, unless this additional authentication
method offers an extremely compelling advantage it's not worth
the cost of still more confusion about how to set things up
for authentication.