[pmwiki-users] pagelist for group default pages

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:01:50 CST 2007

Thursday, November 8, 2007, 3:35:47 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> If all of the groups' home pages are named 'HomePage', then using
> name=HomePage should be fastest.  Second fastest will be to use the
> if= option, third fastest is (currently) the template.

Thank you! I can confirm this, even though I have no HomePage in every
group, but just got a similar pagelist size than all my groups with a
name=A* parameter. - Still, the third case: the template (ie. the
#defaultgroups template you mentioned first, is not delivering links
to group default pages, but to the first page in each group. - In
timing it came last, as you said it would.

For those interested in a sidebar pagelist displaying group links,
here is an example, which will display a menu with links to ForumIndex
pages, for a multi-forum wiki. A default group will display top
(as 'Home'), and another fixed group called 'Other' will display
last. All other display in between alphabetically. Whichever group one
is in will show the current group link in accentuated type. Link to
current page in pagelists need to be enabled in config.php with:
    $SearchPatterns['normal']['self'] = '';

SideBar pagelist:

(:pagelist name=ForumIndex,-Forum.ForumIndex,-Other.ForumIndex fmt=#titlemain:)

[[#titlemain]]
(:template first:)
(:if group Forum:)
* '''[[Forum/ForumIndex| Home]]'''
(:else:)
* [[Forum/ForumIndex| Home]]
(:if:)
(:template first {=$Group}:)
(:if group {=$Group}:)
* '''[[{=$FullName}| {=$Titlespaced}]]'''
(:else:)
* [[{=$FullName}| {=$Titlespaced}]]
(:template last:)
(:if group Other:)