[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Pm's whereabouts, 2.2 status

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 12 13:15:56 CST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 12:49:36PM -0600, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> > I'm already planning that ?action=refcount will be a pagelist variant,
> > I just need to figure out what to call the option.  See
> > http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-December/020638.html .
>
> If you search PITS for "refcount" you'll find several separate issues
> with the existing script.  No one PITS entry addresses your plan for
> this, AFAICT, but I still hope to see it appear on the Roadmap.

It's on the RoadMap now, but I still need to figure out what
to call the option.  To recap, essentially what I want to do
is have an option to pagelist that allows us to display
'existing', 'missing', and/or 'orphaned' pages (and we may come
up with other states).

A page is considering 'existing' if it exists.  A page is
considered 'orphaned' if it exists but no other pages (other
than RecentChanges pages) link to it.  A page is considered
'missing' if it doesn't exist and there are pages (other
than RecentChanges pages) that link to it.

But I haven't figured out what to name this option.  So far
the candidates I've come up with are, for example:

    (:pagelist refs=missing:)
    (:pagelist status=missing:)

But I'm looking for other suggestions.  More information about
pagelist options to follow.