[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Pm's whereabouts, 2.2 status

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Mon Nov 12 03:22:21 CST 2007

>> (:pagelist status=missing:)
>>
> I also like "status".

"status" is perfect!

All of the people on my farm use PmWiki for their own sites. The most an
outsider can do is make comments. Most of what they've asked me for and
I've looked for are easier ways to configure EVERYTHING!

Obviously, there is a limit to how far this can go and even IF it should
go that far with PmWiki (which very triumphantly caters to programmers
in a lot of ways).

Maybe there could be an intermediate level of customization allowed
within Site.Preferences (which to me is currently useless). Moving it to
SiteAdmin also makes a lot of sense, btw. If this page's definition
lists were allowed to define variables PRE-config.php (for safety, so
you could still hard code the important stuff), it would really do a
lot. Allowing people to, as an extended option, to replace config.php
would be marvelous.

The same thing would apply to the template and the CSS file. Adding two
more /optional /SiteAdmin pages that were always cropped and cached as
css and html files would not add any extra time to serving pages, but
would go above and beyond in making a customizable wiki.

These things could not really be done with recipes because they happen
outside the area of influence OF recipes. But at the same time, they
would be very easy to implement. As for them being part of the core, my
argument stems from the fact the tasks they address are directly related
to every single user of PmWiki.

And thanks to Patrick SO MUCH for making SUCH a great wiki engine!

--
      ~Mike Shanley~
  ~you are almost there~