[pmwiki-users] Pm's whereabouts, 2.2 status

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Tue Nov 13 07:18:54 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I've been seriously under the weather for most of October (and extending
> into November) and my overall productivity has suffered.

Well, I hope you're feeling better now, or have a swift recovery if not.

> I've just updated http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RoadMap, but for
> anything I've forgotten please just send me a message or a message to the
> list or a note on the RoadMap itself.

I've recently been bitten by the problems described in PITS entries 986
through 988:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00986
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00987
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00988

I also see you've mentioned some simple modifications to the trail= option for
pagelists. There are two trail-related features I've long wanted.

A) Have a way to augment a pagelist with the contents of a trail, rather than
just use the trail instead. So, I could have

  (:pagelist name="Foo" addtrail=Foo.Trail:)

to list pages named Foo, as well as all pages in Foo.Trail trail. Of course,
 that makes me think it would be good to be able to do this as well:

  (:pagelist trail=Foo.Trail add="A.Foo,B.Foo" order=size:)

To unconditionally add a list of files to a trail and have them all come out
in the right order.

B) Have some way to search for the first of a set of existing pages to find a
trail. I have cases where I want to say something like:

  (:pagelist fmt=blog
trail={*$FullName}-BlogTrail,{*$Group}.BlogTrail,{$SiteGroup}.BlogTrail :)

So that I can have a pagelist that can be invoked within another pagelist
(which is called from various places), but do the right thing in each case.