[pmwiki-users] thoughts on PTVs, (:include:) and editing forms

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 10:38:50 CST 2007

Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 3:50:57 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Works fine for me -- I think you omitted the equals sign on the
> source= option to (:input defaults:).

yes you are absolutely right. - And it works!

It took some trials to get the variables right in the form.
And to discover that you introduced a ptv_PTVNAME input name to take
the value from name=$:PTVNAME.

So part of the form looks like this:
{$EditTarget} is full name of target page,
{$EditSection} is the targeted ptv name,
both get past along from the edit link embedded in the target page,
via the link markup.

(:input hidden {$EditSection} {$$ptv_{$EditSection}} :)
(:input defaults source={$EditTarget} :)
(:input textarea id=text name=$:{$EditSection}  cols=50 rows=6 :)

The section anchor pattern works half:
I can grab the section apparently, edit it, save it, but the section
end anchor is gone, swallowed somewhere along the line.
Maybe the pattern needs tweaking?

overall very promising, nearly totally right.
And no need for two forms!

  ~Hans