[pmwiki-users] DataQuery, DataPlates and Templates

Philippe KRAIT philippe.krait at thalesgroup.com
Wed Nov 14 02:27:49 CST 2007

 > From: Ben Stallings <ben <at> interdependentweb.com>
 > Subject: Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 34
 > Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user
 > Date: 2007-11-13 15:13:03 GMT (3 hours and 42 minutes ago)
 >
 > Ah!  My guess is that you have WikiWords enabled... DataPlates' tags
 > look like

You guessed correcly, and thanks for your reply here and on my personal
mail.

 > and the WikiWord markup is mistaking the class names for WikiWords and
 > inserting additional markup right in the middle of the <form> or <table>
 > HTML tags, breaking the tags, and ugliness ensues.

That is indeed the case.

 > I have never used the WikiWords feature of PmWiki precisely because of
 > such stupid behavior -- I can't get it to work reliably even without
 > recipes, and so I've never tested it with DataPlates.

Unfortunately for me, I love the WikiWord features, which I find very
useful and congenial in writing wiki pages.

 > You have three options:
 > 1) disable WikiWords in your config.php like so:
 >     $LinkWikiWords = 0;

I have done this and it indeed "corrects" the problem, unfortunately it
is not acceptable for my wiki.

 > 2) manually edit the templates that DataPlates creates for you to remove
 > the capital letters from the class names.

That would be really complicated, and I would still get problems with
DataQuery, I think.

 > 3) Edit the DataPlates and DataQuery recipes, find all occurrences of
 > DQedit, DQlist, and DQview, and remove the capital letters.

Unfortunately, after looking at them, yes, I could do that, but then I
would probably lose the styles. Also, that would require an edit at each
new version, rather annoying.

So I started to toy with one possibility that seems mentioned in the
local.php file, namely the possibility to disable the WikiWord
processing for only some words, namely those of the classes above.

##  If you want to disable WikiWords matching a pattern, you can use
##  something like the following.  Note that the first argument has to
##  be different for each call to Markup().  The example below disables
##  WikiWord links like COM1, COM2, COM1234, etc.
# Markup('COM\d+', '<wikilink', '/\\bCOM\\d+/', "Keep('$0')");

I have tried things like:
Markup('DQedit', '<wikilink', '/DQedit/', "Keep('$0')");

But it does not work. Any suggestions about this ?

Thanks in advance,

Philippe