[pmwiki-users] quiet= option to (:redirect:) (PITS.00919)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 15:52:02 CST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 03:27:40PM -0600, JB wrote:
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00919 describes the desire for
> > having a quiet= option with the (:redirect PageName:) directive.
> >
> > I'm considering adding this to 2.2, and I'm simply calling the
> > issue to the list's attention for any discussion or feedback.
>

> There is this recipe:
>
>      http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RedirectSilent

This recipe causes *all* Redirects to be silent -- one
advantage of the quiet= option is that it allows an author
to choose whether a redirect is to be silent or not.

Indeed, the current approach I'm thinking of combines PITS 00919,
RedirectSilent, and CustomRedirects so that

  $EnableRedirectQuiet = 0;    # current behavior, always include ?from=
  $EnableRedirectQuiet = 1;    # include ?from= unless quiet=1 supplied
  $EnableRedirectQuiet = 2;    # include ?from= only if quiet=0 supplied

We may also have a $RedirectStatus[] array where the admin
can choose whether or not a given redirect is quiet based on
the status= parameter:

  $RedirectQuietStatus['301'] = 2;   # 301 redirects are quiet unless quiet=0