[pmwiki-users] New skin - Maguila - reposting

carlos.ab at gmail.com carlos.ab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:40:57 CST 2007

Hi there,

I did the skin because I like Haran's designs - I tried sinorca  before
maguila or gila - I like the project you are doing, panafril10n, I also like
to do skins for pmwiki in the hope I can make a decent contribution.

Also, I saw in the mailing list that you were having problems with both
PmWiki, BNG skin and some optimizations, then I saw how important your
project is and decided to help.

About the name, well you are right. All the meanings you listed are true,
except for one -> magouille, because I don't speak french and didn't know
about it, but there are probably other meanings me and you (and others)
haven't figured out yet. My idea making those connections with the name was
quick and served the purpose to keep something positive in mind while making
the skin and to find a name for it. There were no negative conotations or
intention, behind the name of the skin and the skin itself, if that is
important to you.

While I was trying to find a name for the skin I thought that maybe the
names "wiki" and "bliki" had multidimensional meanings too, but you decide
what that meaning is. It was not obvious for me,  maybe it is for others.

About tweaking ...

1 - Removing rightbar for wikigroups -> You can use (:noright:) in
WikiGroups.GroupHeader.
2 - Recent Changes and All Recent Changes at the top -> Sounds good to me. :-)

For 3 and 4 you'll have to be more specific, but I'll do my best to answer
your questions.

All the best and De nada! :-)

CarlosAB