[pmwiki-users] Advanced Search Page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 08:24:45 CST 2007

Saturday, November 24, 2007, 1:46:26 PM, Scott Connard wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are just testing things with your page Test/
> SearchForm, but I've always thought that PmWiki ought to have an
> allows several different kinds of searches so that users don't have
> to know all of the search syntax.  For the most part PmWiki's search
> function is powerful enough, just a little clumsy for people that
> don't want to take the time to learn everything.

Yes I agree. A cookbook page to demonstrate various search forms, to
show examples of building forms with input controls for searching.

But my experiments are a bit flawed, even though working mostly. I
would just like to see a proper searchresults header text without the
{$$var} appearing. And I don't understand why it actually works.
I hope some light can be shed on this.

We can use the Test.SearchForm page to try things out, and migrate
things later to a Cookbook page perhaps (and link it to
Cookbook.Input).

  ~Hans