[pmwiki-users] GroupFooter

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:46:55 CST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 8:01 PM, Tom Hayden <tom.hayden.iii at mail.airmail.net> wrote:
> First of all: Hans and Tegan, thank you very much for your advice.
> Second: I am officially a jack ass
> In my efforts do create my calendar I went through the following steps.
> 1. Selected "edit sidebar"
> 2. Added "* [[Calendar/Calendar]]"
> 3. Clicked on save.
> 4. Clicked on Calendar in the sidebar
> 5. Clicked on "edit" in the Calendar page
> 6. Added "(:comment :)" (As suggested by the PmCalendar instructions)
> 7. Clicked on save.
> (No problems so far. Now, how to "create" Calendar.GroupFooter)
> 8. Open up shell session
> 9. cd to wiki.d
> 10. vi Calendar.GroupFooter
> 11. Enter (:pmcal:)
> 12. Save and exit
> 13. Select Calendar from sidebar
> 14. NO CALENDAR!
>
> <snip>
>
> In my defense, I will observe that it is a little counter intuitive that
> the "footer" is no different than any other page and needs to be created
> in a similar manner, and can, in fact, be displayed as though it was a
> "real" page.

Oooh!  This is a very valuable, transient moment in the growth of
comprehension of a topic.  PLEASE help us document this!  Anything you
can contribute, however fragmentary, will be very useful.  Where could
something about this have been placed such that it would have
prevented your confusion?  What would it have said?

etc.

Thanks so much for following up.

Tegan