[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] idea: categories defining properties

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 17:43:17 CST 2007

Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 10:34:23 PM, ben wrote:

> * Conditional markup to test what categories the page currently belongs to
>  (Does this already exist?)

> * A new recipe to customize EditForm and SiteHeader to display the
> appropriate form fields and templates.

You can use conditional markup to test page text variables.
You can use conditional markup in custom edit forms.
So you could crate an edit form like this:

(:if equal {{*$FullName}$:EditForm} Blog:)
input controls for blog edits go here...
(:if equal {{*$FullName}$:EditForm} Comment:)
input controls for comment edits go here..
(:ifend:)
other controls....

and add to your blog pages (:EditForm:Blog:)
and your comment pages (:EditForm:Comment:)

which will show customised edit forms when opening the pages.

This is not linking to categories though. Because that would require a
link check for conditional markup. We have not got that.

Hans