[pmwiki-users] Nifty css/php trick, but is it safe?

carlos.ab at gmail.com carlos.ab at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:15:19 CST 2007

Em Sexta 30 Novembro 2007 13:43, Tegan Dowling escreveu:
> Ancilary questions:
> Can anyone offer any improvements, or suggest whether this would or
> would not make a good cookbook recipe?  If I put it in, what should I
> call it?  Should I treat the .htaccess line that enables php in css as
> a separate recipe from the use of re-usable names for colors in the
> skin?

AFAIK it is safe, but you can also do that from within a skin.php file with
less changes to your Pmwiki installation, like this:

<?php if(!defined('PmWiki')) exit();

## colors
$highlight1 = '#ccc';
$highlight2 = 'green';
$bodytxt = '#ff0000';
$headings = '#008400';

global $action, $HTMLStylesFmt;

if($action == highlight){
	$HTMLStylesFmt[body] = "body{color:$highlight}";
}else{
	$HTMLStylesFmt[body] = "body{color:$highlight}";
}

$HTMLStylesFmt[headers] = "h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
  color: $headings;
  background-color:$highlight1;}";
$HTMLStylesFmt[sidehead] = .sidehead{background-color:$highlight1};

?>

and you can use if/else and $action as a trigger to use different colors, so
body{} can use $highlight1 or $highlight2 depending on the action  as shown
above.

All the best.

CarlosAB