[pmwiki-users] RSS Feeds (Balu's Blog)

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:05:06 CDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Steve Glover <steve at fell-services.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 12:37 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 06:24:03PM +0100, Steve Glover wrote:
> > > If I've got a "standard" rss feed to tell people when pages in the
> > > Documents part of a wiki are updated, is there a way I can prevent
> > > "non-news" pages from appearing in the news/blog feed?
> > >
> > > I have
> > > RewriteRule ^news-rss/$
> > > pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=News/RecentChanges&action=rss [QSA,L]
> > >
> > > and
> > > RewriteRule ^content-rss/$
> > > pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Documents/RecentChanges&action=rss [QSA,L]
> > >
> > > so I don't really want to change feeds.php
> >
> > I understand the above, but I don't completely understand the
> > question.  Are you saying that there are non-news items in the
> > News/ group that are appearing in the news-rss feed, or...?
>
> Aargh - missed out a bit, sorry (the meat of the problem, in fact - long
> day!).
>
> As well as items of the form News/2007-09-23-meeting and such like, I
> have News/SideBar or News/MainMenu - basically bits of template chrome -
> and when I correct problems or amend these, they turn up in the feed
>
> Apologies,
>
> Steve

In order to skip certain types of pages when making a pagelist, you
need to use the list= parameter in your (:pagelist:).

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists#pagelistlist

list=normal would probably get rid of most of your problem, but if you
have special pages with "abnormal" names you might have to create a
new $SearchPatterns['whatever'] in a local customization file.
BlogSimple and BlogSimple2 both have set special search patterns for
this purpose and called them list=blog.

Jon Haupt