[pmwiki-users] RSS Feeds (Balu's Blog)

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Tue Oct 9 04:05:13 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 23:33 +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

First off, thanks indeed for your Blog recipe - it definitely does the
trick for my news pages!

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:13:49PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Or, if you want to explicitly exclude certain pages from the feed,
> > you could do:
> >
> >   pmwiki/pmwiki.php?trail=News.RecentChanges&action=rss&name=-MainMenu,-SideBar
> >
> > Lastly, you could create specific entry in $SearchPatterns for
> > this, but I suspect one of the above is easier to do.

It turned out that if I used the trail option I could only see the feed
when I was logged in (I have the Main group password protected), so I
was grateful for your pointer to the Talk page - which I'd not looked at
in a while (that'll learn me!)

> Since this seem to be related to my Blog recipe anyhow, check out:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BalusBlog-Talk
>
> This is not completely tested yet though, but I set the defaults for the
> blogfeed using:
>
>         // set defaults for the blog group
>         $_REQUEST = array(
>            'group' => $_group,
>            'name'  => '????-??-??[-_]*',
>            'order' => '-name',
>            'count' => 10
>         );

I had a go with this, but it seemed to break my site - all I get is
blank pages in the News section....

However, if I use

pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=News.RecentChanges&action=rss&group=News&name=2*

I get just the pages I want - and can have a separate RSS feed for my
calendar pages as well.

Thanks

Steve

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902