[pmwiki-users] copy paste problem with quotes

Frank Graffagnino frankie at graffagnino.net
Tue Oct 9 13:10:19 CDT 2007

I've searched through the mailing list and seen some discussion about
utf-8 and other character encodings.  I'm not quite sure if this is
causing my issue or not as I just don't understand enough about
character encodings.

The problem is, when I copy and paste text from my wiki into something
like a text editor, or an email, or source code, my quote characters
(single quote, double quote, etc.) are being encoded as something
different.  How can I get pmwiki to present the characters in a form
that yields standard quote characters when I copy and paste?

Search term help: quotes encoding utf-8 copy paste weird characters