[pmwiki-users] Ah! simple fix for wikiform issue

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Oct 30 22:19:43 CDT 2007

On Wednesday, 31 October 2007 7:29 AM, Asociacion de Robotica <emarte at aiolosrd.com> wrote:

>John, It is amazing how in every attempt to solve my problems
>always I find something either I don57;t know or that is not
>possible or too diifcult For the implementation.

In this case, a simple oversight on my part! It's supposed to
be easy to do what you want.

>Well then this is my next question about wikiforms:
>
>In an old post of yours you pointed to the following:
>[[Issue/NewIssue?project={$Name} | New Issue]] for a new issue.
>
>Now, how can I use ?project={$Name} in the Wikiform ? I have
>tried reading in
>http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/ConditionalMarkupSamples , I
>thought that using if handler or if action could have solved it but I dod not find the way.
>
>What I am trying to do is to fill a field from a page wikiform
>with data from the present page. It could be group, page, or a
>variable. How can I acomplish that ?
>
>Any help from anyone will be apreciated,

I think this is now fixed. Download the latest version from
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms

In your example, define a field like this:

:Project number:project (group Project)

I assume your projects group is called Project.
Now, when you click in the new issue link, the
project number *should* be pre-filled with the
number from the url. When you save it, you should
bet [[Project/nnnnn]] where nnnnn is the value
passed from the project page.

Once this is working, we can look at more sophisticated
linking, for example, to provide more meaningful link text.

BTW, is it possible for you to turn off html in your posts?
My mail client creates not very nice colours and fonts when
I reply to them. Thanks.
--
JR